1. What is the duration of the course?
The duration of Bachelors in Hotel Management & Catering Technology is four years.
2. Is there and entrance exam conducted?
A Common Entrance Exam is conducted by Director of Technical Education. The exam is conducted in May every year.
3. When do I go for Training?
The training is in the fifth semester of the course (third Year first semester).
4. Can I train abroad?
Yes you can train abroad. The training and placement cell will guide you and the placement will be done through renowned agents to countries like United States, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Singapore and Malaysia.
5. Do we actually get to make cocktails and Mocktails?
Cocktails and Mocktails are made in various training workshops and during competitions.
6. What subjects are taught in this course?
The core subjects taught are Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Housekeeping and Front Office.
7. Which are the ancillary subjects included in the course?
Principles of Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Total Quality Management, Accounts, Hotel Related Laws, Hotel Engineering, Managerial Economics, Food and Beverage Controls are subjects that are a part of the degree course.
8. Do we get to learn any foreign language?
Basic French is a part of the course which you learn in the first year second semester.
9. How many practicals are conducted for one subject in a semester?
The practicals conducted would be based on the syllabus as per Pune University.
10. What cuisines will be taught in the course?
Specialized Indian and International cuisines will be covered in the course.
11. Is there a provision for earn and learn facility for the students?
There is ‘earn and learn’ facility available for the students in the campus.
12. What is the medium of instructions?
The medium of instructions is English, we focus on enhancing the communication skills of the students.
13. Is there hostel accommodation provided?
Yes hostel accommodation is available for the female students.
14. What attributes are required to be successful in the Hotel Industry?
Hard Work, pleasing personality, good communication skills, right attitude and technical knowledge will help you to succeed.
15. How is the placement scenario?
Fortunately this industry is people driven and there are plenty of jobs available to the right candidates. Our placement record has been consistently good ranging from 95% to 100%.
16. Does the college have a strong alumni base?
Yes. Not only does the college have a strong alumni base, but they also actively interact with the current students and help the college in placements abroad. Our alumni has a world wide presence.