1. What is the minimum education qualification required to enroll for this course?
The eligibility for this course would be HSC (12th Std) or its equivalent, Passing with a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate ( 40% in case of candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State).
2. Do you have campus interviews conducted?
Yes the campus interviews are conducted by the leading hotel brands like Marriotts, Taj, Oberois, Westin, Meridien, Novotel, to name a few.
3. What is the difference between BHMCT and BScHS course?
BHMCT is a 4 year degree program approved by AICTE and affiliated to University of Pune the course has a specialization in subjects as food production, Food and Beverage service and accommodation management in the fourth year,whereas BScHS is a 3 years course affiliated to University of Pune and does not have any specialization.
4. Is there distant learning available?
No distance learning is available as it is a full time practical oriented course.
5. Is there residential facility available?
Yes hostel accommodation is available for the female students.
6. What are the job opportunities available after completing the course?
After completing the course the student has job opportunities available in hotels, airlines, catering, retail sector or they can even be an entrepreneur. The placement is done at the entry level, mid-management, or as Management Trainees.
7. Does industry differentiate between BHMCT and BScHS while recruiting the students?
Employment in any service sector requires specific attitudes and skills. These are of prime importance for a recruiter rather than the course duration. However a four year course gives an added benefit of one year specialization in the core subject.
8. At what level are the students recruited in the industry?
The placement is done at the entry level, mid-management, or as Management Trainees.
9. What is the medium of Instructions?
The medium of instructions is English, we focus on enhancing the communication skills of the students.
10. Can I peruse further education abroad after three years degree?
Yes it is possible to pursue studies in post graduation, as it is a three years degree program.
11. Which are the ancillary subjects included in the course?
Principles of Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Total Quality Management, Accounts, Hotel Related Laws, Hotel Engineering, Managerial Economics, Food and Beverage Controls and French and are subjects that are a part of the degree course.