National Service Scheme
This scheme is under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India and NSS cell, Higher and technical education, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Aim of National Service Scheme: Development of personality of students through Community Service.
National Service Scheme (NSS) has been introduced at University of Pune since 1969 as a part of the academic programs and since then NSS has been functioning as a regular feature in the realm of our university education. The overall objective of the scheme is educational and service to the community is the activity through which the objective is sought to be achieved. It is a student-cantered program in which projects are implemented by the NSS volunteers in the community in close collaboration with the community and thereby it provides vast scope for the student’s interaction with the people.
The cardinal principle of the NSS program is that it is organized by the students themselves, and both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of nation building.
• College has initiated NSS in college from year 2011-2012
• Mr Manoj Suryvanshi has been appointed as Programme officer from the year 2017-2018
• College conducts regular activities & organizes special camp in adopted village
REGULAR NSS ACTIVITIES:
• Orientation programme (once in two years)
• Cultural programmes (tourism day, teachers day)
• Blood donation camp
• Health check up camp
• Tree plantation
• Lectures (SWACH MOHIM)
• Every year college organizes winter camp for seven days in adopted village
• NSS volunteers stay in village 24X7 in a School of ZP (Zilha Parishad)
• Volunteers cook food for themselves
General Schedule during the Camp:
|6 am to 7 am||Exercise|
|7 am to 8 am||Break fast|
|8 am to 1 pm||Shramadan (labor work)|
|1 pm to 3 pm||Lunch & rest|
|3 pm to 4 pm||Guest lecture|
|4 pm to 5 pm||Survey of village|
|5 pm to 7 pm||Cultural program|
|7 pm to 9 pm||Dinner|
|9 pm to 10 pm||Camp fire|
The students participating in NSS activities are given a certificate and are given additional 5 mark in the University exam.