Anti Ragging Cell
WHAT IS RAGGING?
“AICTE (Prevention & Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education) Regulations 2009”
Ragging is defined as forcing a student to perform some action against his/her will,
Physical violence against student or any of the following activities
- – Abetment / instigation to ragging.
- – Criminal conspiracy to rag and Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging.
- – Public nuisance created during ragging.
- – Violation of decency and morals through ragging.
- – Injury to body, causing hurt / mental trauma or grievous hurt.
- – Use of criminal force, assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences.
- – Wrongful restraint/confinement.
- – Extortion, Criminal trespass, offences against property.
- – Physical or psychological humiliation.
- – Any act / abuse by spoken words, e-mails, snail, mails, blogs, public insults etc.
- – Any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student
- – Any act that affects the mental health and self confidence of a fresher/student
- – All other offences from the definition of “Ragging”.
ANTI RAGGING MEASURES
Strict action will be taken against students found guilty and/or abetting Ragging; punishment includes one or more of the following:
- – Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- – Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- – Withholding results
- – Forfeiting Campus Placement opportunities / recommendations.
- – Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- – Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- – Cancellation of Admission.
- – Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- – Rustication from the institution for a period, ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- – Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution for a specific period.
- – Fine of Rupees 25,000/- to Rupees 1 lakh
- – Collective Punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the college shall resort to collective punishment.
- – A First Information Report (FIR) will be filed with the local police authorities for every single incident of ragging
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
|Dr. Sonali Jadhav||Chairman||+91 9881401482|
|Senior Police Inspector||+91 20-25536263|
|Mr Avinash Rajput||Local Media Representative||+91 9822501234|
|Mr Anant Gogte||NGO Representative||+91 9422507972|
|Ms Honey Tyagi||Faculty Representative||+91 7875552678|
|Mr Ajay Dangat||Non Teaching Representative||+91 8007939595|
|Ms.Supriya Bidari||Parent Representative||+91 9890505041|
|Mr Richard Rangel||Student Representative||+91 8552888018|
|Ms. Alvina Bidari||Student Representative||+91 9604746515|